skilled vinyl-siding installer
colchester / willimantic, connecticut – Full-time Position
We are seeking carpenters and re-modelers who are dedicated, professional, and experienced. Our preferable candidate has a passion for the housing & commercial carpentry / remodeling environments and thrives when working with a team.
Candidates must be well-aligned with our Core Values, and share our organizational short & long term goals. The preferred skilled vinyl-siding installer is committed to broadening their knowledge-base through various forms of continuing education and has a strong desire for self & company improvement.
Applies asbestos, aluminum, pulpwood fiber, plastic panels, brick veneer, or porcelainized metal siding to building exteriors to provide decorative or insulating surfaces: Attaches tar paper, building paper, or other material to building surface, using nails or adhesive cement to provide insulating base.
- Fastens wood or metal laths to surface, using screws or nails.
- Fits and fastens siding material to laths, using rule, measuring tape, hand-tools, power-tools, nails, screws, or bolts.
- Cuts and trims material to shape when fitting siding around windows or corners, using knife, shears, or portable power saw.
Waterproofs surface by filling joints or cracks with caulking compound, using putty knife, trowel, or caulking gun.
- May apply pre-cut materials, or may be responsible for cutting material to size for proper installation at work site.
- May attach siding to surface of building, using adhesive cement
- May attach siding by interlocking pieces through tabs provided at edges, following sequence indicated by numbers printed on reverse of each piece.
- May specialize in type of siding applied and be designated Aluminum-Siding Installer; Asbestos-Siding Installer; Concrete-Panel Installer; Ornamental-Brick Installer; Plastic-Panel Installer; Porcelain-Enamel Installer.
- Ability to read, understand, & interpret construction documents, and drawings
- Understanding the basic principles and responsibilities of construction, installation, and repair site cleanup
D/E/F Services Group, LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, skin color, gender, sexual orientation, religious preference, disability, or veteran status.
- Three to five years minimum of vinyl-siding installation experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Hold an active driver’s license, and an ability to maintain reliable transportation
- Ability to lift & hold up to 50lbs, reach, stand or kneel, or climb and carry a ladder throughout the course of the day
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- OSHA 10 Outreach for Construction Certification Card (CURRENT WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS)
Other Careers at
D/E/F Services Group, ltd.
Carpenter / Re-Modeler
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
HVAC Technician / Pipefitter (S1 / S2)
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
Energy Efficiency Auditor
Griswold / various locations, ct
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive wages as well as a job based quarterly bonus program. We have a employee referral program to help us build our team
Health, Dental, & Vision
We offer competitive and affordable health, dental & vision insurance for all full-time employees. We also offer a host of other auxillary insurances.
We offer 401K matching, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, personal time, seasonal clothing, and sizable discounts at local and national retailers.
Interested? COme Find The Value Of One
One Contractor. One Call. One Relationship.
At D/E/F Services Group, Ltd we measure ourselves against our Core Values. We strive to be our best every day, to have a sense of urgency, and to build our value. Each of these values encompasses a set of ethics that in whole, reflect our core. To learn more about our Core Values, click the button below.
1171 Voluntown Road
Griswold, CT 06351
- [email protected]
(860) 376 – 4896