limited sheet metal journeyperson
Various Locations – CONNECTICUT & Rhode island – Full-time Position
We are seeking an actively licensed SM1, SM2, & SM3 professionals who are dedicated, professional, and experienced. Our preferable candidate has a passion for the sheet metal and ductboard environment and thrives when working with a team.
Candidates must be well-aligned with our Core Values, and share our organizational short & long term goals. The preferred limited sheet metal journeyperson will be responsible for the review, installation, inspection, repair, replacement and conversion of various duct-work systems. Duct-board experience is preferred.
- Utilize and interpret blueprints to determine how and where to fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products
- Measure, mark dimensions and lay out material to be installed using tools such as scribes, rulers, calculators and squares
- Fasten joints and seams in sheet metal with solder, welds, caulk, bolts and metal driver clips, ensuring work is done carefully and bonds will last
- Install assemblies, including pipes, HVAC ducts, flashings, rain gutters and furnace casings in supportive frameworks
- Ensure that efficiency is maximized while fabricating and installing HVAC systems
- Use hand and power tools to trim, buff, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance
- Select the appropriate type and gauge of sheet metal to be used in projects according to specifications
- Ensure safety is a priority on the job during all activities, including using tools and installing and fabricating metal
- Ability to read & understanding a construction document or mechanical drawing
- The ability to read & understand a product submittal or material invoice
- Understanding the basic principles and responsibilities of construction, installation, and repair site cleanup
- Two years minimum of plumbing experience
- The ability to hold and maintain an active SM1, SM2, or SM3 Sheet Metal License from the State of Connecticut, and/or State of Rhode Island
- Hold an active driver’s license, and an ability to maintain reliable transportation
- Ability to lift & hold up to 50lbs, reach, stand or kneel, or climb and carry a ladder throughout the course of the day
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- OSHA 10 Outreach for Construction Certification Card (CURRENT WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS)
D/E/F Services Group, LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, skin color, gender, sexual orientation, religious preference, disability, or veteran status.
Other Careers at
D/E/F Services Group, ltd.
HVAC Technician (S1/S2)
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
various locations – CT & RI
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
General Trades Project Manager / Estimator
Energy Efficiency Auditor
GRiswold / Various Locations, CT
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive wages as well as a job based quarterly bonus program. We have a employee referral program to help us build our team
Health, Dental, & Vision
We offer competitive and affordable health, dental & vision insurance for all full-time employees. We also offer a host of other auxillary insurances.
We offer 401K matching, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, personal time, seasonal clothing, and sizable discounts at local and national retailers.
Interested? COme Find The Value Of One
One Contractor. One Call. One Relationship.
At D/E/F Services Group, Ltd we measure ourselves against our Core Values. We strive to be our best every day, to have a sense of urgency, and to build our value. Each of these values encompasses a set of ethics that in whole, reflect our core. To learn more about our Core Values, click the button below.
1171 Voluntown Road
Griswold, CT 06351
(860) 376 – 4896