Project controls specialist
Griswold, CONNECTICUT – Full-time Position
Candidates must be well-aligned with our Core Values, and share our organizational short & long term goals. The preferred Project Controls Specialist is committed to broadening their knowledge-base through various forms of continuing education and has a strong desire for self & company improvement.
The preferred Project Controls Specialist is required to prepare, compile, enter, maintain, process, and review estimates, awarded projects, purchase orders, schedules and project status, closeout procedures within multiple programs in conjunction with the policies and procedures established by D/E/F Services Group, Ltd. under the project manager’s direction and guidance. We are looking for a candidate who is hands-on and will take accountability of their day to day operations, has an educated understanding of the commercial construction industry, and has an ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines effectively. Candidates will need to be comfortable working with and managing workers across diverse disciplines and skill sets to build a cohesive, capable team
- Establishes priorities and has a can-do demeanor.
- Review of bid specifications for any required documentation to accompany the bid, to include bid bonding, resumes, and AIA documentation.
- Review the bid specifications for payment terms and retainage amount/percentage to be sure they are not unusual and are included in the bid amount, where necessary.
- Prepare and review subcontracts and awarded project documents to confirm scopes.
- Update project schedules, if required.
- Prepare the documentation necessary for project manager’s review of the commencement and completion of a project to include Certificates of Insurance (COI), entering of the Schedule of Values updated by the project manager, Lien Waivers, Substantial Completion, Warranty letters. Also, subcontractor contracts including OSHA certs and certified payroll docs.
- Submittals – Compile, verify accuracy, and sort information according to project requirements and specifications
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the proper party for resolution per the project manager’s direction.
- Prepare project start-up packages & kick-off meetings for Superintendents & Foremen, including providing them with copies of project specifications, prints / drawings, submittals / cutsheets, project schedules, MSDS, safety manuals. Upload all field required documents to ProCore.
- Responsible for releasing and tracking of materials needed in accordance with project specifications, proper lead times, and delivery schedules upon project managers request.
- Understands the contractor / vendor / supply house relationship, and how to correctly & accurately purchase materials: example – writing purchase orders.
- Provide directed schedule updates, project status reports, and understanding the responsibility of accurately copying and updating meeting minutes in software from the project manager’s notes.
- Entering approved subcontractor’s change orders including the tracking, supporting documents and finalization.
- Conduct project closeout procedures which may include reports, checklists, finalization of billing, and site processing, warranty management, and turnover under PM’s guidance.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting possible needed changes.
- Maintains and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Three to five years minimum of general carpentry experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Hold an active driver’s license, and an ability to maintain reliable transportation
- Ability to lift & hold up to 50lbs, reach, stand or kneel, or climb and carry a ladder throughout the course of the day
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- OSHA 10 Outreach for Construction Certification Card (CURRENT WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS)
Other Careers at
D/E/F Services Group, ltd.
Carpenter / Remodeler
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
HVAC Technician / Pipefitter (S1 / S2)
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
Energy Efficiency Auditor
Griswold / various locations, ct
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive wages as well as a job based quarterly bonus program. We have a employee referral program to help us build our team
Health, Dental, & Vision
We offer competitive and affordable health, dental & vision insurance for all full-time employees. We also offer a host of other auxillary insurances.
We offer 401K matching, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, personal time, seasonal clothing, and sizable discounts at local and national retailers.
Interested? COme Find The Value Of One
One Contractor. One Call. One Relationship.
At D/E/F Services Group, Ltd we measure ourselves against our Core Values. We strive to be our best every day, to have a sense of urgency, and to build our value. Each of these values encompasses a set of ethics that in whole, reflect our core. To learn more about our Core Values, click the button below.
1171 Voluntown Road
Griswold, CT 06351
(860) 376 – 4896