Commercial HVAC estimator
Griswold, CONNECTICUT – Full-time Position
We are looking for an experienced Commercial HVAC Mechanical Estimator to satisfy all aspects of HVAC estimation which may include the coordination of activities, resources, equipment and information from the inception of bids through the close of projects in conjunction with the policies and procedures established by D/E/F Services Group, Ltd.. We are looking for a candidate who is hands-on and will take accountability of their day to day operations, has an educated understanding of the commercial HVAC environment, and has an ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines effectively. Candidates will need to be comfortable working with and managing workers across diverse disciplines and skill sets to build a cohesive, capable team.
Candidates must be well-aligned with our Core Values, and share our organizational short & long term goals. The preferred Commercial HVAC Estimator is committed to broadening their knowledge-base through various forms of continuing education and has a strong desire for self & company improvement.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Responsible for estimating, design, application support, purchasing, submittal review and job coordination.
- Accurately estimate plans & specifications to design/build HVAC systems using computer estimating systems and other related software
- Experience in obtaining and evaluating material, direct labor, manufacture equipment pricing and subcontractor quotes.
- Evaluate plans & specifications, and have the ability to identify discrepancies and have an understanding of how to address them accordingly
- Maintain estimating logs and unit costs for all projects
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Perform site surveys and attend pre-bid walkthroughs
- Quoted equipment & submittal tracking
- Interact with the project management teams to ensure all projects are performed under budget and according to plans and specifications.
- Ability to manage multiple bids throughout the entire bid process simultaneously
- Possess the ability to evaluate changes, and adapt quickly throughout the bid process.
- Ability to read and interpret estimated quantities and values and assist in the procurement of equipment & materials.
- Five years minimum of commercial HVAC experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Hold an active driver’s license, and an ability to maintain reliable transportation
- Ability to lift & hold up to 50lbs, reach, stand or kneel, or climb and carry a ladder throughout the course of the day
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- OSHA 10 Outreach for Construction Certification Card (CURRENT WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS)
Other Careers at
D/E/F Services Group, ltd.
Carpenter / Remodeler
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
HVAC Technician / Pipefitter (S1 / S2)
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
Energy Efficiency Auditor
Griswold / various locations, ct
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive wages as well as a quarterly job-based bonus program. We have a employee referral program to help us build our team
Health, Dental, & Vision
We offer competitive and affordable health, dental & vision insurance for all full-time employees. We also offer a host of other auxillary insurances.
We offer 401K matching, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, personal time, seasonal clothing, and sizable discounts at local and national retailers.
Interested? COme Find The Value Of One
One Contractor. One Call. One Relationship.
At D/E/F Services Group, Ltd we measure ourselves against our Core Values. We strive to be our best every day, to have a sense of urgency, and to build our value. Each of these values encompasses a set of ethics that in whole, reflect our core. To learn more about our Core Values, click the button below.
1171 Voluntown Road
Griswold, CT 06351
- [email protected]
(860) 376 – 4896