general trades project manager / estimator
Griswold, CONNECTICUT – Full-time Position
We are seeking an experienced General Trades Project Manager / Estimator to oversee a variety of projects ranging from small self-perform renovations, multi-phase large renovation projects, through multi-level ground up construction projects. We are looking for a candidate who is hands-on and will take accountability of the day to day field operations, scheduling, motivating and inspiring the project team, coordinating subcontractors, and constructing quality projects on time and on budget. Candidates will need to be comfortable working with and managing workers across diverse disciplines and skill sets to build a cohesive, capable team
Candidates must be well-aligned with our Core Values, and share our organizational short & long term goals. The preferred General Trades Project Manager / Estimator is committed to broadening their knowledge-base through various forms of continuing education and has a strong desire for self & company improvement.
- Proven track record of working on a variety of commercial projects.
- Ability to successfully coordinate schedules, workforce, equipment, and resources
- A hands-on manager who is comfortable directing and evaluating on-site personnel by staying engaged in all aspects of the project
- Experience in identifying and navigating the complex challenges of managing project stakeholders’ requirements, and expectations.
- Ability to document and communicate project status, including scope, time, and budget with division manager and direct reports.
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications and the ability to maintain and interpret construction drawings for on-site team
- Ability to effectively and properly communicate the company’s goals and priorities to all field team members while effectively handling (collaborating with the department manager) any conflicts that arise between the company’s requirements and the onsite team.
- Ensure the project complies with Project Documents, local codes and other requirements; and ensure a safe work environment by following the companies documented safety program.
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work
- Responsible for proper utilization and distribution of company resources, to include manpower (how we treat and utilize our people is critical), materials and equipment.
- Capable of overseeing construction issues for which he is not specifically certified.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technology skills required to include email, Microsoft Word, Excel along with smartphone and tablet.
- Three to five years minimum of general carpentry experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Hold an active driver’s license, and an ability to maintain reliable transportation
- Ability to lift & hold up to 50lbs, reach, stand or kneel, or climb and carry a ladder throughout the course of the day
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- OSHA 10 Outreach for Construction Certification Card (CURRENT WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS)
D/E/F Services Group, LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, skin color, gender, sexual orientation, religious preference, disability, or veteran status.
Other Careers at
D/E/F Services Group, ltd.
Carpenter / Remodeler
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
HVAC Technician / Pipefitter (S1 / S2)
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
Energy Efficiency Auditor
Griswold / various locations, ct
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive wages as well as a quarterly job-based bonus program. We have a employee referral program to help us build our team
Health, Dental, & Vision
We offer competitive and affordable health, dental & vision insurance for all full-time employees. We also offer a host of other auxillary insurances.
We offer 401K matching, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, personal time, seasonal clothing, and sizable discounts at local and national retailers.
Interested? COme Find The Value Of One
One Contractor. One Call. One Relationship.
At D/E/F Services Group, Ltd we measure ourselves against our Core Values. We strive to be our best every day, to have a sense of urgency, and to build our value. Each of these values encompasses a set of ethics that in whole, reflect our core. To learn more about our Core Values, click the button below.
1171 Voluntown Road
Griswold, CT 06351
(860) 376 – 4896