Energy Efficiency auditor
Griswold / various locations, CONNECTICUT – Full-time Position / travel required
We are seeking an Energy Efficiency Auditor who is dedicated, professional, and experienced. Our preferable candidate has a passion for the lighting, plumbing HVAC, and Energy Efficiency environments and thrives when working with a team.
The preferred Energy Efficiency Auditor candidate will have the ability, and responsibility to evaluate, survey, and interpret energy consumption of existing building systems and recommend energy efficient technologies of the Lighting, HVAC, and alternative energy sources for replacement of existing systems in compliance with the policies and procedures of D/E/F Services Group, Ltd in coordination with Connecticut’s Energy Efficiency programs. We are looking for a candidate who is hands-on and will take accountability of their day to day operations, has an educated understanding of Connecticut’s Energy Efficiency Programs, associated auditing software, and has an ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines effectively. Candidates will need to be comfortable working with and managing workers across diverse disciplines and skill sets to build a cohesive, capable team.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Able to read, understand, and interpret construction documents to include drawings, plans, and other related material
- Analyze energy bills, utility rates, historical energy data, and other forms of material to determine usage baselines
- Familiarity with energy efficiency initiatives administered by the State of Connecticut
- Identify patterns of building use to show annual & monthly needs for lighting, heating, cooling, or other forms of energy consumption
- Survey residential, and commercial building and have the ability to recognize, identify, and have a familiarity with multiple energy systems.
- Ability to identify, analyze and recommend the proper replacement & disposal of energy consuming equipment.
- Document condition of identified building to include information necessary for project completion including photographs, written material, & researched data
- Inspect or evaluate building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Analyze the feasibility of energy-saving measures through knowledge of installation, energy consumption, system operation & maintenance, and energy saving processes.
- Prepare audit reports and job specification sheets containing building layouts, energy analysis results, recommendations of equipment, and installation procedures,
- Inspect installed equipment to verify proper installation, and that equipment performs to recommended standards
- Lighting, HVAC experience is preferred
- Familiarity with energy efficiency programs administered by the State of Connecticut
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hold an active driver’s license, and an ability to maintain reliable transportation
- Ability to lift & hold up to 25lbs, reach, stand or kneel
- MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Knowledge of construction site procedures
Other Careers at
D/E/F Services Group, ltd.
Energy Efficiency Data Entry Specialist
Electrician (E1 / E2)
various locations, ct
HVAC Technician / Pipefitter (S1 / S2)
Licensed Plumber (P1/P2)
General Trades Project Manager / Estimator
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive wages as well as a job based quarterly bonus program. We have a employee referral program to help us build our team
Health, Dental, & Vision
We offer competitive and affordable health, dental & vision insurance for all full-time employees. We also offer a host of other auxillary insurances.
We offer 401K matching, paid vacation, flexible scheduling, personal time, seasonal clothing, and sizable discounts at local and national retailers.
Interested? COme Find The Value Of One
One Contractor. One Call. One Relationship.
At D/E/F Services Group, Ltd we measure ourselves against our Core Values. We strive to be our best every day, to have a sense of urgency, and to build our value. Each of these values encompasses a set of ethics that in whole, reflect our core. To learn more about our Core Values, click the button below.
1171 Voluntown Road
Griswold, CT 06351
(860) 376 – 4896